Saturday, September 28, 2013

WE NEVER MADE IT TO SHORE




We never made it to shore
So we sail on oceans of memories 
And fantasies of "could be's"

Young and tender like a jelly fish 
She said love made her feverish 
Complicated her english 
Made her speak plain gibberish 
Heart pure as gold, by worldliness un-tinted
T-shirt on her paleness said 
"I used to be snow white, but I drifted"

Her heart found mine 
While mine was still searching 
Love cut me through with the precision of a surgeon 
I lost my feet but found words deep to mention 
So we just hugged, no kiss, too scared of love's infection

Love at first sight 
Ached on the first bite 
Failed on the first date 
Too shy, so I passed her a bait 
Apple candy cake 
Made her heart quake 
I remember now with better sweet tears 
First kiss set us up for an epic heart break


We gave love our all 
But too young to understand 
This boat was bigger than us 
But forever was our plan 
Secret hiding places 
Telepathy was born by idle guesses 
That smile was my addiction 
An itch pure without temptation 
Touch came later, an experiment on feelings and depth 
Sweet but the surface was stronger than meth


I was addicted to your ears, your mind 
Hooked on your lips, your words 
You gave keys to my rhymes 
Rhythm to romance 
Believe to my ability 
Faith to my existence 
Flood my dreams with smiles 
From a distance away; million miles 
I felt you, still do Stronger than love, 
African voodoo 
Interrupted by reality 
I miss your type of sensual sanity
We never got to shore 
So we sail on oceans of memories 
And fantasies of "could be's" 
While my ship drifts further 
My heart still calls out to thee

By Kyng David,© 2013, All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Wow-this is intense! One can literally 'touch' the emotions shared here. Love your artful/creative use of language to create a deeper meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah very intense n emotional! I wish...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah very intense n emotional! I wish...........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...