Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FATHER...


A man's truest joy is his children and family


In my beginning
He wrapped me in his arms safe and warm
His smile ever encouraging
His words ever uplifting
Strong yet gentle
Strict yet understanding
Provider...
I've never known an empty spoon
For the sake of my future he will not surrender
His hands are strong
He is a mender
A molder, a maker
He is my Father...

First one to see the sun rise
Thus he rises with a prayer
Always on his knees
'Cos' that's where his strength is
A man of worth, abundant in wisdom
A man of strength and courage
He gives his best without holding back
A man of his Word
Dignity lives in him
My first lesson of love
I feel his care everyday
He is my pride, my infallible tree
He is my father

He strengthens me, 
Even when I don't believe in myself
I look up to him and I believe I can make it
He is my best friend
My teacher, my brother and my boss
He is way up high and can come down when I need him
He may not always be around but his whisper is in my heart
My strongest influence
The servant of God I long to please
He is my giant, my hero
My example of light
I celebrate you, my father

By Kyng David,© 2013, All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Touching! Isn't it just sheer joy to have a father with these attributes? This is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful and original...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, very true and touching. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot Cheri. your comments are always a joy to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...