Wednesday, September 25, 2013

HOMELESS




Matt 25: 35- 37


Even in my silence
My mind speaks louder than a shotgun
Behind the glass...
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me...


A few days ago I saw a girl no older than 13 or 14 lying on the dirty ground at the motor park.
She wrapped herself with a sack bag, obviously not wearing anything underneath.
Her eyes were closed as it seemed this was the only portion of peace she understood,

or could afford.

The whole world just passed by.
The world passed by unmoved, without care, without concern, without love...
We have gotten too used to seeing homeless people so a 12 year old hardly made any difference.
The world just passed by,
including me.

Hours later,
in the comfort of my home,
within the security of my walls,
behind iron doors,
I sat on my big chair,
remote control in hand,
like a king awaiting the amusement of his subjects.

My attention was seduced by the inviting aroma of well prepared home food.
Supervised under
the careful hands of hospitality
and
the watchful eyes of hygiene
My mouth watered like a faulty tap while my tummy agreed with ugly sounds like grumpy old men at an elder's meeting.
I sat at my king's table and my heart smiled.
I washed my hands
and hurriedly dug into the garri.
As the garri met the rich vegetable soup stumbling over hills of meat and bridges of fresh fish and was heading to my mouth's invitation; there she stood.

Right at the table,
still covered in a filthy sack bag,
her odour bullied the meal's aroma.
With lip's shot by the constant failing hope for satisfaction
Her half dead eyes whispered in load silence; Matthew 25: 35 to 37

Then it struck me...

I was at the throne of judgment
and this scene was played back to me to judge my faulty claim of love.

We Will Be Judged By Love also!

By Kyng David,© 2013, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...