Sunday, November 3, 2013

GOLD AND CLAY



Deaf of hearing 
When these eyes of mine see beyond this sphere 


Unconscious as I lay 
But I see your face
Your eyes; the brilliance of a million stars My heart longs for you,
But these iron bars...


Sun rise,
But wake me not 
For I have grown strong in this darkness 
Grown wise in my dreams 
The light unveils my emptiness
The world says am a misfit 
I know that she lies 


But you,
You see me as I am
A perfect mould of clay
Even though my palms are dry
My heart is watered by the milk of love
Of clay we are made 
But daughter of the earth 
You are made of gold 
Glittering, shining
A friend of Kings 
The desire of Queens
The reward of Warriors
The heritage of Princes 


sit I here; 
wondering...
(sigh) 
"where does true love hide 
when the heart is lost" 


In the lonely soul of a peasant
Low, humble and meek
Like a sheep lost in the desert
Her love is hungry but not weak


Clay meets gold
New meets old
Dare not the spark
Unbearable is the flame

© Kyng David. All rights reserved 2013

2 comments:

  1. I love the last four lines... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am honored to have a fellow poet actually read this poem. i know it speaks to your mind 'cos its an unusual pick in my collection. and that you would pick those last for lines (the summary of the whole poem) is very pleasing to me. thank you for your time and comment.

      however, GOLD AND CLAY is a poem about a princess (Royalty if you will) falling in love with a commoner, a peasant, or an unworthy entity. what is your take on such a relationship? should it be forbidden?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...