Saturday, July 13, 2013

Encounter At The Cross

jacksonfirstag.org
Encounter at the Cross
How can I keep Silent
Since I was touched I've been praising God's heaven sent
Its a Good Friday, Heads bowed, knees bent
Cos of the Blood I can't be irrelevant
spin the tables ... this is my story

"I Am" is real...
Like the existence of Power
Breath in lungs...
Scramble for life every hour
Like the heat in the Fire
Invisible hydrogen in the Water
I'm real; pressing hard
hard head like a hammer
Learning to control pressure like gas in a cylinder
I was written off;
Torn to pieces like a drafted letter
Kept my eyes on the hill till i saw the days get better
Am talking deep
not fat asses and cheddar
I envisioned Christ's flesh broken, like paper met shredder
Fell on my knees
crucifixion  made clearer
Heart broken, tears!
The blood has never been redder

Cravings silenced...
body and soul sober
Pleaded for mercy like the right hearted robber
LORD! I never knew I was guilty of your murder
LORD...I never knew that I was guilty of your murder!

By Kyng David, © 2013, All rights reserved.

wodforgod.wordpress.com

9 comments:

  1. On the cross is were all our sins were taken away thank God for the death of Jesus on the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. his crime was love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great sacrifice...poured out to save humanity! I'm humbled by HIS love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I always love saying.. "Captured by the fierce Love of God". Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a phenomenal and beautifully written poem filled with so much thought-provoking lines and vibrant imagery that captivated my mind. It was such a lovely and enormous pleasure to read your poem this fine early morning today. I adore the expressive raw emotions that you wove into this poem. The word choice you chose helped make this poem come to life through the screen and warped me into your poem as I absorbed the meaning. My favourite lines from this amazing poetic gemstone of yours are: 'Fell on my knees/ crucifixion  made clearer/ Heart broken, tears!' I told you I would return soon to read another finely selected poem of yours. You did a great job with this poem/prompt and if the contest hasn't been judged then I wish you great luck with it. Bravissimo!

     

    Con tutto il mio affetto
    Dante Rosalie Fabian
     

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very deep poem and you are to be admired for writing it. I am happy to meet you, good poet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesus christ our lord and savior sacrificed his life so that we might be forgiven forgiven for our sins even if one dont believe jesus christ was the son of god at least he practiced what he preached and he did changed the world there are times when I dont believe but faith is believing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith is very neccessary to please God almighty as the Bible says.

    Yesterday, Pst Sam Effiong looked me in the eyes and asked a very profound question... Actually about 100 or more of us.

    He asked a question that every sensible human being in this world should ask himself. He asked a question of which you and I must answer one day. Better on earth than beyond.

    He asked; Is your name in the book of Life?

    Look at this:
    "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."
    (Revelation 20:11-15).

    This world is coming to an end. Get RIGHT  with God or get LEFT behind. If you miss HEAVEN you will not miss HELL.

    Confess your sins, Repent of them, Accept Jesus as your Personal Lord and Savior.
    Shalom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...