Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Mother

photo by Xposure



Who else would smile when I kick her?
Who else would carry my burdens with happiness?
Who else in the stillness of night would give up her only wrapper to keep me warm?
Soil her hands with my waste and not hand me a bill?
Feed me every good thing to her last and be content in my satisfaction?
You are beautiful in kindness
Exceptional in love
You are my champion
The gentle light that cannot be quenched
An ocean of advice that can never run dry
A force of inspiration stronger than the ware wind
A smile that not even time or hardship can erase
My Mother...


In plenty or in lack I am your joy and strength
No matter how little, you never forget to shear with me
Who else feels the pain that I try to hide?
Who else understands when I fail and pushes me on saying,
" You can make it, just try?"

You sheared my shame...
You were my shelter in rejection,
My strength in despair
Through your dreams I knew I could make it
Mama, my inspiration
Who else remembers me when everyone else forgets?
Miles away you still remember me at meal time
On whose shoulders lie the greatest burden to pray for me?
My Mother...

In return your tears are mine

Your cares are my concernI will never rest from making you proud
My children will carry your love, warmth, and your legacy
Their children will know you, Mama
Because of the life you gave to me, your name will never die
I love you

My Mother...


By Kyng David, © 2013, All rights reserved.



8 comments:

  1. On whose shoulders lie the greatest burden to pray for me?
    My Mother...
    Hmmmmm....how I miss my mama's prayers! RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few days ago I thought..'Mothers,you've just got to give it to them'..cut 'em all the slack,show 'em all the love and respect.. They stand d gap,'s wat they do.. They're just great. Thumbs up ma. I like..great work,Sir. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, best word ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DMI, I actually was shedding tears while reading this piece, it's so ooooo good, gosh! Love! Love!! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It such a lovely heart touching write dear. Thank you for sharing. :)

    Best wishes
    Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...