Tuesday, December 10, 2013

DREAM STATE

He reads me louder than he hears me stirring for a fight
I creep into my dreams praying out of sight
My sun is a deep sleeper
Am in a constant night

My will only breaks when I try to be bright
I try to touch him but he is cold
Body and soul
So into this reluctance I find solace;
A resistance and manageable existence where I fall into cold comforting hands of resilience

Heart stop! Stop!
For once circulate life and don't cut me like a knife

My love is my prison
It cages me while my loyalty mocks me
Drowning in false hope
Tomorrow will kill sorrow
But today, let hope borrow peace as I flirt with this page
My world is a stage
Paper speaks and pen draws an image
Attention sleeps deep in a carnage
While reality roams with no challenge

He kisses me in my dreams
I wish I could sleep longer
But here he is now
Cold smile behind a temper
© Kyng David. All rights reserved , 2013
Author Notes
I try to imagine what a woman's mind goes through in am abusive relationship. This is but a shallow representation of some things I have seen myself but I hope it paints a picture.

I figure no one marries or dates a person whom they don't love. If abusive spouses knew what they put each other through maybe they would try to make a difference. But as long as they live in that long dark alley of emotional and self deception, believing that each one loves the other more and is actually the victim, the problem persists.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...