Thursday, January 23, 2014

FROZEN IN TIME



As I sat there
Legs together
Hands wrapped loosely below my bust
Waiting,
Somebody please notice
That I am just a child
Frozen in a nightmare

I remembered...

Cold touch woke me by 2AM
My thoughts traveled further than I cared to guide them
Uncles of mine, in love with my mother
Uncles of mine, unrelated by blood
Uncles who must not see each other
Giving me empty advise while staring at my cleavage
Pretending to be father figures
But they are chameleons
Blending in the shades and vanishing in the light

Cold touch by 2AM,
Wondering if I was too deep in sleep to hear them
To hear them read ungodly bed time stories at such an ungodly hour

Cold touch on my sleepy thigh
Awaking fear, hate, silent rage, soul poison
Cold, secretive, un-loving, just demanding

Awoken by the darkest intent
The darkness whispered
"Don't be such a child,
This won't take a minute"
My sweetness was stolen while Mother slept deep 
While she moaned in pleasure
My pain remained
My life froze one day in September 
...at 2AM
I was just 13
©Kyng David, All Rights Reserved, 2014

2 comments:

  1. This is happening everyday. It is sad that the people that we have entrusted our children to are mostly the ones who abuse them. Sometimes in school or at home. One can't be too careful. Two eyes are not enough at all. One must also see with psychological and spiritual eyes.

    some mothers even know that their children are being abused and encourage the silence because of fear. Fear of loosing the relationship with the abuser who obviously is putting food on the table and warming her thighs as well, or fear of stigmatization from the community. People always make it sound like any girl who is raped asked for it due to her dressing, the way she walks, here manner of association, etc...

    ONLY COWARDS TAKE THINGS BY FORCE... THE FEAR OF REJECTION IS AN AILMENT ON ITS OWN.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...