Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE WIFE'S CRY... death has come



My husband,
I try to be strong
But these tears fill my heart,
not my eyes
I try not to believe that I won't see you again
I try to dial you phone number hoping to meet the surprise of your reply

I try to pretend you will still eat my specially made dishes for you and sing me sweet compliments
But no...
My love lies stills and silent forever

Ima mmi
There has never been another man like you
My perfect fit
My perfect gift from God
You took care of me as God instructed a man should his wife
You displayed wisdom and diligence in all that you did
A perfect example for your children to follow
A man of decorum and integrity among his peers
A man of foresight
Strict discipline, but tender love
Even when your hands where not strong enough to hold me
Your warm words wrapped around me and gave me comfort

Oh, who will answer me now when I call
Who will cover me when the night's intruding cold knocks
Who will listen to my long and boring stories
Who will I argue with and laugh with
My lover and my friend, where are you
Are you not lonely where you are
Are you not cold where you are
My love, my friend, my brother, my lord
Here is my final good bye
Ebe ndo Asiere o!
©Kyng David, All Rights Reserved, 2014

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...