Thursday, January 22, 2015

HOW COULD I NOT LOVE YOU



How could I not love you
My heart is in your hands and yours in mine

How could this be
That your eyes speak to mine alone
In a world filled with lovely people

How do you...
Shelter my moods and falls
My hidden faults and my flaws
My fears are the ruined walls you build upon
You turn my insecurities to a compass
You hold my hands and gently stir north
You take all I have and save them into  new possibilities
Opening my mind to a new world of me...
                                                                    and you

Little hands once mocked as weak
Little lips seemed never to have a voice
Little eyes thought never to see wrongs
Little tears once ignored
Little heart broken with an inaudible rhythm
But I heard that beat...
In the midst of my own chaos
Gentle rhythm
Drew me close to lips
That spoke kindness calmly
Fingers that pieced skin to broken soul

How could I not drink more of you
How could I not be better
At loving all of you
The things he never saw I ponder on
Your weakness is my strength
Your fears are mine too

Fall into me like a well with no end
I promise
I will never fetch you out...
© Kyng David. All rights reserved , 2015

AUTHOR'S NOTE

It has been a while since I wrote anything. One whole year actually. There are time like that when one must go deeper into self to find out what is new or what is left... To my reading fans, this might neither  be my best nor a masterpiece but it is very dear to me as it tells a true life story that I have always wanted to tell... I promise my writing will get better. 

Being a photographer as well as a writer/poet, i try to fuse my arts together. N/B... pictures have nothing to do with the poems. These are just models that have posed for me within the last year. happy New Year and happy reading. 
                                                                                                                                             - Kyng. 







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...