Monday, November 18, 2013

I DIE A LITTLE


I love,
Not from the freedom of pain
But from the need to be human


I give,
Not from the abundance I have
But from the need to see you smile

I take,
Not from a want or desperate need
But to show you its okay to lean on someone

Someone special
Someone who may not always be there
But someone who carries your interest at heart

I sacrifice,
From the richness of my humanity
To shame vanity
And be free from self slavery

I sing,
With the bad voice God gifted me
To ease the burden of life's journey

I make sweet love,
To my beloved
Make her cry in joy and pleasure
Even though her heart may be far away

I live,
Though dying seems easy
I couldn't bear to leave you all alone
Locked in a box under the earth couldn't be rest without you

I die,
A little with every step and breath
A little with every fight and bite
I die a little...
With every second without you.
 © Kyng David. All rights reserved 2013

9 comments:

  1. Thank You for stopping by and commenting in my blog! It meant a lot...Your poem is great. Simple yet so deep and meaningful. I especially loved "I sing, With the bad voice God gifted me, To ease the burden of life's journey". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. thank you so much Hisila... thank you for visiting back. and please to visit again. all the best, i shall return the favor.

      Delete
  2. * **** ***** ****
    ** ** *******
    **** *** *** ** *** *** ********
    Even though her heart may be far away.

    ''Word'' 2 ponder on.

    Deep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep words to ponder on brother cause it seems in our generation the rate of unfaithfulness has tripled. Notice I used the word "unfaithful" specifically and not "infidelity". This is because I see a relationship, or union as an agreement between two individuals to stay with each other and tolerate each other mentally, financially, sexually and other wise. once this agreement is bridged there is an occurrence of negligence to that agreement, thus unfaithfulness. A wondering mind will soon carry the body along. thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  3. very deep poem. you are good at this you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your generous compliment Madam. You are exceptional at making others beautiful too.

      Delete
  4. Amazing play of words and emotions... Please follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nazzy, i am already a big fan of your work... blessing on your calling dear. i will knock on your door soon. please don't hesitate to open.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...