Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SWEET LIES Pt3: THE END OF THE ROAD

 
 
Hole in my head; scar on my heart
This love was wrong right from the start
I fell from delight; I lost this fight
Soul flying loose like a kite
Pen in my hand but I just can't write
What I feel inside can't be brought to light
Die everyday, but come alive at night
Bottle in my hand, peace of mind ran out of sight
Heart broken in two worlds; one is dark and one bright
Living without you just can't be right

Alone I cry an ocean
I ignored all the caution
I fell for a smile that blurred vision
Followed my heart out of Goshen
I thought it was love, but the priest said lust is a potion
Put all my powers in a bottle and threw it in the ocean
Abandoned my mission and redirected my passion
Trust is blind when its wrapped around emotions
Now I see where the road bends...
But I wonder where it ends

You say you wish that you could love me but it hurts to try
The sex is not the same cause your passion is dry
How do I look into your eyes and say good bye
Any time I close my eyes I hear you cry
I miss you but am with you
Its like there's someone else inside you
I look into your eyes and see a bland stare
Your companion is a whiskey bottle and he has all your care
Now I see where the road bends...
But I wonder where it ends

I have searched for me in your heart but I know I'm no more there
To think I left my wife and seed just to be here
Your silly sweet lies stole me from a love once dear
Now I am contemplating my end I fear
Hole in my head; scar on my heart
This love was wrong right from the start
I was lured in by sweet lies
Seduced by thick thighs
Now am sailing on rough tides
Shame and regret on all sides

"Is this a dagger which I see before me, the tip pointed at my heart?"
Cruel world from you I part
I lost my purpose in a well pleasures
Too deep in filth, I've lost my eternal treasures
At least I shall escape the judgment of men's tongues
But Betty I beseech you forgive my wrongs
Tell the children am sorry
I had to leave earth in a hurry
Now I see where the road bends...
Its time to decide where this road ends
© Kyng David. All rights reserved 2013

Author NotesThis is the third and final part of the (sweet lies sequel). It is the story of a man who lost his passion and love for his wife and ends up with another woman. The first part can be found here

1 comment:

  1. what a sad end.. a beautifully captured story. well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...