Tuesday, December 24, 2013

THE EARTH, THE SEED AND THE FARMER



Sun burn;
When I break the earth
I break I
For I am the earth
And the earth is I

My tears break the earth
My sweat molds it
My voice births the seed
My deeds birth fruits

By my fruits know me
Choice fruits;
Blessed countenance upon me
Sickly fruits;
Sorrow wouldn't let me care
My fruits, my reward

"Why didn't you die in the soil",
Quarreled the farmer to the sickly plant
Then the earth intervened...
"Your voice, your seed;
Your fruit, your reward",
Weeping mother...
"The dead can live again, speak to the earth".

"Why am I thus",
Cried the sickly sprout
"Who broke joy's covenant".
And the winds whispered
"The earth drank blood and not sweat,
Sorrow and not joy".
But the birds sang to the heavens
The sickly spout joined in
The winds echoed

Alas rain.
©Kyng David, All Rights Reserved, 2013

1 comment:

  1. I THINK THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT DARK POETRY. NOT ONE OF MY FAVORITE ANYWAY BUT I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING INTENSE... I TRUST U NOW. THE PICTURE IS ALSO SCARY. HMM... DAVID.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...